Deputy Director, Hardware Engineering
New York, NY, USA
The Deputy Director, Hardware Engineering will partner with R&D leadership to drive PHAEDRA Cryptanalytic Accelerator Compute Node product development. This individual, in collaboration with the Core Science Team Leaders and other functional managers, will help define, execute, and adapt the overall hardware engineering annual and strategic plans to drive the future growth and overall success of the organization in an increasingly competitive, highly dynamic, local and global environment. In addition, the Deputy Director serves as the functional leader for mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing engineering, head of the design and engineering labs, and deputy chief architect for the development and delivery of the PHAEDRA Compute Platforms.
- Responsible to build functional bench strength – includes defining competencies based on increasing market competitive skills, ensuring staffing (direct, contractor and partner) meets the rapidly changing business needs, developing the team, coaching and mentoring, and actively developing future department and business leaders.
- Works cross-functionally with senior leaders in the U.S., Canada and at other TSD sites to plan and deliver the product development, concept, and research strategies and roadmaps. Identifies and leverages opportunities across TSD, allocating financial and human resources to ensure initiatives are fully supported. Identifies and established partner relationships (individual and organization) as needed to address resource shortages and non-strategic work.
- Retains currency across Server Electrical, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering best practices and market leading competencies. Defines, develops and adapts the hardware engineering organization to achieve technical leadership with highly competitive products and solutions. Define and develop competency models for the organization based on the technical career ladder. Apply these models to the organization to implement and manage performance management (e.g. 9 Box).
- Helps define the PHAEDRA Hardware Platform to enable derivative products across all TSD portfolios. Plans the realization of the Platform through the delivery of our next generation products as required by business needs. Engages external experts as needed to provide niche expertise.
- Coach and mentor engineering managers into TSD next generation hardware engineering and business leaders. Identify, develop and implement a succession plan for the organization, providing opportunities for candidates to build experience.
- Helps define and drive accountability, consistency, quality, standardization and compliance across product development to ensure regulatory compliance and operational efficiency.
- Helps define, execute and adapt a multiyear strategy for the hardware engineering organization that is aligned and integrates this into the R&D multiyear strategy and fully supports the TSD five year business plan.
- Helps define the Hardware Engineering Annual business plans. Based on extensive operational business experience, execute the plan and adapt activities as needed throughout the year to balance cost and competitive performance.
- Drives engineering activities, directly and through a management team, to ensure projects meet market leading performance objectives for technology, time to market, features and profit.
- Provide auxiliary senior level program management oversight of 5 to 10 active projects in the hardware engineering organization.
- Provides auxiliary leadership of the hardware organization and management of 15 to 25 direct reports, 5 to 15 contractors and external partners.
- Achieve customer understanding and maintain customer focus.
- Build a best in industry hardware engineering operation (team, processes, culture); recruit, retain and develop top technical and engineering talent.
- Some domestic and international travel required.
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering or scientific discipline, MBA or MS preferred.
- 10+ year’s professional technical experience in a product development environment.
- 6+ years’ experience managing functions, managers and teams of people.
- Four (4) years’ experience driving product development for complex, highly technical projects on schedule and within budget.
- Four (4) years’ experience managing engineering labs, technicians, and design teams.
- Four (4) years’ experience in at least two of the three engineering disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical and Manufacturing.
- Four (4) years’ experience working in highly regulated environments, preferably server industry.
- Strong leadership skills (including active listening skills, presentation skills) and proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative, inclusive organization and environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen with general management perspective.
- Demonstrated experience managing internal and external partner relationships.
- Demonstrated experience as an effective and motivational leader of others; team facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment while maintaining the confidence of a managed team.
- Competitive compensation – $150,000 ~ $195,000 a year depending on skills.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance; pre-tax commuter benefits; disability and life insurance; tax-advantaged 401(k) plan.
- 14 paid holidays + a flexible vacation philosophy that encourages ~4 weeks of additional time off.
- Gender-neutral paid leave for caregivers when they have a new addition to their families.
- Superb opportunities for professional development.
- Concierge service that assists with daily tasks (dry cleaning pickup, basic auto servicing, etc.)
- Complete executive-level meals with company-provided restaurant partnerships.
- Negotiable children tuition stipend / reimbursement for private schooling.
- Negotiable relocation costs.
- Vehicle reimbursement / allowance program.
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Treadwell Stanton DuPont is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know while applying.
With more than 250 employees, Treadwell Stanton DuPont is the global leader in the financial and stock market forecasting sector and has been contributing to artificial intelligence technological progress for over 10 years. Treadwell Stanton DuPont develops and provides cutting edge AI financial predictive algorithms and stock market neural network forecasting technology.